A vibrant mix of trained and qualified professionals
The Peques team is a vibrant mix of trained and qualified professionals, always happy to talk with parents and carefully chosen for their outstanding ability and experience to care for, assist and educate children. Peques promotes the development of language by assigning each group with Spanish and English Teachers with a Mandarin Teacher visiting all the groups throughout the day. In this manner enhancing and achieving the natural process of multilingualism amongst the children in our establishments.
The staff at Peques have been meticulously chosen, not only for their experience and qualifications but their ability, commitment and empathy with children in their care. Our staff are fully qualified, police vetted (DBS) and also a police check from the country where they have been living is requested if they have not been resident in the UK for the past 5 consecutive years irrespective of their nationality and have also had their employment references thoroughly checked. Our Early Years Practitioners also hold First Aid and Food and Hygiene certificates and participate in continuous professional development training. The on-going training encompasses elements such as: The Early Years Curriculum, Special Needs, Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, Safeguarding, Sign Language, Speech and Language Development, Settling In and Transition, Behaviour Management, Phonics, displays, anti-stress, Children Leading, transition to school, outdoor play, schemas, the way… and many more.
We at Peques believe Continuous Professional and Personal Development is important in the childcare industry due to the following:
- CPD ensures our capabilities keep pace with the current standards of others in the same field.
- CPD ensures that we maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills we need to deliver a professional service to our families.
- CPD ensures that our knowledge stays relevant and up to date. We are more aware of the changing trends and directions in our profession. The pace of change is probably faster than it’s ever been – and this is a feature of the new normal that we live and work in. If we stand still we will get left behind, as the currency of our knowledge and skills becomes out-dated.
- CPD helps us continue to make a meaningful contribution to our team. We become more effective in the workplace. This assists us to advance in our career and move into new positions where we can lead, manage, influence, coach and mentor others.
- CPD helps you to stay interested and interesting. Experience is a great teacher, but it does mean that we tend to do what we have done before. Focused CPD opens you up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skill areas.
- CPD can deliver a deeper understanding of what it means to be a professional, along with a greater appreciation of the implications and impacts of our work.
- CPD helps advance the body of knowledge and technology within our profession.
- CPD can lead to increased public confidence in our profession as a whole.
FIRST AID Training
Peques Anglo-Spanish Nursery Schools is always innovating and therefore taking into account this government legislation very seriously, we have moved on this immediately to ensure the safest and best care for our children. This is to say that in the month of July 2015, we have run a full Paediatric First Aid Level 3 training programme with “Outdoor Environment “ as well as EpiPen training for ALL our childcare staff at both our nurseries and so they now all hold the Paediatric First Aid certificate. We are very proud to say that 98% of All our staff hold a Paediatric First Aid Certificate. All of our staff qualifications are kept in a Qualification Folder at the reception of each nursery, please ask the Manager to show you the folder, it is as much there for your interest as well as for your piece of mind. This past year we have had lots of interesting and useful trainings that the children have benefited from so please feel free to take a look.
OFSTED updated their regulations as a result of what led to “Millie Thompson tragically passing away due to a choking incident at her nursery in October 2012”. This new regulation will mean all newly qualified staff with a Childcare Level 2 and 3 qualification must have an Emergency Paediatric First Aid or full Paediatric First Aid certificate - a life-saving change. Please see link directly from the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/first-aid-training-to-be-made-compulsory-for-new-nursery-recruits.